Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Masami Hasegawa #strokeart2014

My name is Masami Hasegawa. I was born and currently live in Japan. I had a stroke twelve years ago at age 60, which left me in long-time struggle with right hemiplegia and severe aphasia. I had no interest in making my own art work before the stroke. However, things have changed since I joined the Sumomo Club in Osaka, Japan, a day-care facility specialized for people who have aphasia or other communication disorders. Encouraged by my peers and staff there, I started photography and painting with my left hand. It took me some time to get used to it, but I have enjoyed it so much, that now I do it every day, even at home. Picking up my camera/paintbrush is one of the essential parts of my current life in terms of expressing myself.

Featured Post

Epidemiologic profiling for stroke in Nepal: Endeavour towards establishing database

Resha Shrestha  @avi_neuro. , MS 1 , Avinash Chandra, MD 1 , Samir Acharya, MS 1 , Pranaya Shrestha, MS 1 , Pravesh Rajbhandari, MS 1 , Re...